Federal Relief Funds Implementation
The attached files below provide details of the positions, programs, and services that the District will be implementing with the federal relief funds that must support the social, emotional needs of our students as well as addressing any learning loss that resulted from the COVID-19 pandemic. We are confident that we will be able to provide all of our students with the support that they need to be successful.
In total (combining all federal relief money from the American Relief Program and the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act) the Central Square Central School District will be able to apply for approximately $12 million that must be utilized according to both of the grant's (mentioned above) guidelines. As of today, all NYS school districts have three years to apply for and spend the money allocated to each district. There is a strong potential that school districts will be allowed an additional fourth year to maximize all of the grant money allocated per district, but as of today, we have a three-year time limit to utilize these funds or we lose the opportunity to apply for this federal funding.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please feel free to contact Superintendent Thomas Colabufo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Federal Relief Funds Approved
Central Square Central School District has been approved to receive $ 12,037,043 in federal relief funds. For additional information, see below the specific funds and the spending allocations of each one.
Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSA) Act (Approved August 30, 2021)
- CRRSA Act - GEER - Budget Narrative
- FS-10 CRRSA Act - GEER - $ 79,118
- CRRSA Act - ESSER - Budget Narrative
- FS-10 CRRSA Act - ESSER - $ 3,304,621
ARP-ESSR Application: State Reserves - ARP State Reserves (Approved January 26, 2022)
- ARP-ESSER State Reserves - Learning Loss - Budget Narrative
- FS-10 ARP-ESSER State Reserves - Learning Loss - $ 1,565,478
- ARP-ESSER State Reserves - Summer Enrichment - Budget Narrative
- FS-10 ARP-ESSER State Reserves - Summer Enrichment - $ 313,104
- ARP-ESSER State Reserves - Comprehensive After School - Budget Narrative
- FS-10 ARP-ESSER State Reserves - Comprehensive After School - $ 313,104
ARP-ESSER Application: ARP Act (Approved February 7, 2022) - $ 6,461,618