Smart Schools Bond Act
The Smart Schools Bond Act was passed by NYS Referendum in November, 2014 with the first applications being accepted/approved in May 2016. The Smart Schools Bond Act allocated $2 Billion dollars to NYS School Districts for the purpose of improved learning and opportunity through the funding of educational technology and infrastructure improvements.
The Central Square School District was allocated $4,076,734
The District is submitting the 2nd in a series of investment plans to NYS Education Department. This second plan focuses mainly on interactive white boards for classroom instruction.
Information on Investment Plan 2 – August 2019
Information on Investment Plan 1 - February 2017
- NYSED Tech Plan Approval Letter - December 28, 2015 - Approval letter for the district's technology plan
- Approved Central Square School District Technology Plan 2016-17
- Site Based Presentation - March 8, 2017 - Overview of our current technology plan and the Smart Schools Bond Act
- Preliminary Investment Plan - February 27, 2017 - Review of our preliminary investment plan for the 2017-2018 School Year. This plan will be posted for a period of 30 days, through March 27, 2017, for comment and review.
- A Public Hearing was held February 27, 2017 at P.V. Moore High School. This hearing reviewed the District’s proposed Smart Schools Bond Act Investment Plan. The public had the opportunity to hear and comment on the District’s Plan for expending a portion of the $3.9 million in Smart Schools Bond Act funding. SSBA Investment Plan Public Hearing notice.
- Plan submitted to NYSED and approved May 11, 2016.
- October 2016 - District purchasing has begun following the opening of the Reimbursement Claiming System
Please take a moment to review the investment plan. If you have any questions, feedback or comments, please contact Iraina Gerchman, Executive Director of Planning, Development and Technology at email@example.com or 315.668.4220.