Budget Year 2021-22
- BOE Candidate Bios
- Budget Newsletter - A comprehensive look at the proposed revenue, expenditures, propositions and BOE candidates
- Budget Presentations - presentations/information presented at the BOE meetings
- Public Hearing Documents - NYS required district budget data
2021-2022 GENERAL FUND BUDGET
Shall the Board of Education of the Central Square Central School District, County of Oswego, State of New York, be authorized to incur expenditures not exceeding $85,963,942 (U.S. Dollars: Eighty Five Million, Nine Hundred and Sixty-Three Thousand, Nine Hundred and Forty Two) or so much as necessary for its General Fund operating expenses during the school fiscal year beginning July 1, 2021 and ending June 30, 2022, and to levy a tax on the taxable property of the School District sufficient to meet the amount of this sum not received from other sources?
SCHOOL TRANSPORTATION VEHICLES
Shall the Board of Education of the Central Square Central School District be authorized to purchase and finance at the option of the Board, ten (10) student transportation vehicles at an estimated cost not to exceed $1,133,059 all to include furnishings, fixtures and equipment required for such purposes and all other necessary costs incidental thereto, and to expend therefore $1,133,059 which is estimated to be the total cost thereof, and levy a tax for the foregoing in the amount of $1,133,059, which shall be levied and collected in annual installments in such years and in such amounts as may be determined by the Board of Education and in anticipation of the collection of such tax, bonds, and notes of the District are hereby authorized to be issued at one time, or from time to time, in the principal amount not to exceed $1,133,059, and a tax is hereby voted to pay the interest on said obligations when due?
Shall the Board of Education of the Central Square Central School District (the “School District”) be authorized to establish the continuous registration of voters of the School District at the office of the Clerk of the District located at 44 School Drive, Central Square, New York between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. of the school day in accordance with Section 2014(2) of the Education Law of the State of New York, as amended?
District Budget Information
The Central Square School District is committed to keeping our community informed as we work through the fiscal challenges confronting the School District. This site has been set up with information regarding the District's budget development.
- Budget Year 2020-21
- Budget Year 2019-20
- School Funding Transparency
- Property Tax Relief Credit
- School Budget 101
- 98% of School Districts Expect to Stay Within the Tax Cap
- Statewide School Finance Consortium - SSFC
- How do I contact my elected officials?
- "Easy Advocacy From Anywhere"
BUDGET FACT SHEETS
- The three tax levy numbers under New York State's tax levy "cap"
- New York's Tax Levy "Cap" Formula: How does it add up?
- Raising the stakes for schools...Today's contingent budgets
- Mandates & Mandate Relief - The rules that govern our schools and school budgets
What does New York State's Property Tax Cap mean?
How is a School Budget Created?
Watch this "School Budgets 101" video to find out.
What's the Last Straw for New York Public Schools?