Coronavirus Update 3-20-20
Dear A.A. Cole Families,
I appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we work through this shift in learning environments. Our school family has been nothing short of amazing during these difficult times. A few reminders for our parents and students:
• Food distribution started yesterday and it will take place the next two Mondays. If you are eligible for our free/reduced lunch program, stop by the school between 10:00 and 12:00 or 1:00 and 3:00 on Monday to get five days of breakfasts and lunches for your children.
• While the current learning environment is not ideal, please understand that school rules and expectations still apply, especially with technology use. GoGuardian, our online watchdog software, will still alert me when a student is looking at inappropriate or non-school-related content on their school-issued Chromebook. Please monitor the online activity of our students.
• If you do not currently have WiFi at home, Spectrum is offering two months of free service due to the COVID 19 pandemic. You can call (844) 488-8395 to enroll.
• We ask that families set aside time each day to focus on schoolwork. If you need assistance or have questions, please reach out to the classroom teacher. If you are unable to get in touch with him/her, please reach out to me.
• I have been assigned to “work-from-home” duty, but I am still available via email or phone. We have routed the school phones to our personal cell and/or home phones. I will do my best to get back to you in a timely fashion. If I do not respond to your email within one business day, please try to call as your email might be caught up in my SPAM folder.
I wish everyone the best during these uncertain times. I ask that we all continue to be upbeat and positive, and make the most of our current situation. Stay healthy!
Michael A. Smolnik
A.A. Cole Elementary